Our lab has three guiding principles in research:
- Being dynamic and passionate about the questions we are targeting.
- Being creative and open minded about novel ideas and new research techniques.
- Always aiming for rigorous and high-impact work conducted in a collaborative setting.
Current research projects
- To target early amyloid and tau deposition and propagation.
- To test the interplay between AD pathology and vascular pathology.
- To assess which lifestyle factors protects against AD pathology and clinical expression.
- To determine the genetic factors that influence AD pathology and clinical expression.
Biomarkers studied in the lab
- Cognition (subjective and objective decline)
- Biochemical markers
- CSF markers (i.e. amyloid, tau, ApoE levels, inflammatory markers)
- Blood markers (i.e. ApoE, fractionated cholesterol)
- Multimodal neuroimaging
- PET (amyloid, tau, FDG)
- MRI (Volume, thickness, RS, DTI, FLAIR, ASL)